Full Time - Nights (rotating weekends)
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant anddiverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery,neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatientand outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and thelargest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women’spavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated tothe health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellentreputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized byModern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the thirdconsecutive year as a Leader in LGBTHealthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. Weare pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achievePathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety andquality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive ratingperiods, as well as Leapfrog’s Top General Hospital award in 2017. For moreinformation, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and selectMetropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
- Accurately fills medication orders in the pharmacy. Accurately and safely compounds and labels medications and parenteral admixtures. Compounding of Sterile Preparations may include chemotherapy and total parenteral nutrition with demonstrated competencies. Accurately performs required calculations. Always utilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding. Compliant with all USP 797 shift/daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflow cabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
Always obtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or delivering any medication. Processes medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy. Accurately packages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned. Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas while maintaining proper storage and security of medications throughout the organization.
- Performs daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.) Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and in a timely manner. Troubleshoots ADC issues; able to re-configure ADCs and perform build and set up functions. Under direction, will adjust medication min/max PAR levels. Provides basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems. Performs all necessary functions on the pharmacy computer system which may include: patient profile inquiry, debit/credit medications, pharmacy reports/fill lists, print labels, and billing inquiry
- Accurately performs routine manufacturing and prepackaging maintaining accurate and complete record logs. Ensures that a pharmacist checks all work. Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders. Appropriately and timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered, shortages, overages and damaged product. Assists in management of drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identified opportunities to minimize waste. Assists the purchasing agent/department by ensuring that all expired and recalled medications are removed from inventory and stored in the appropriate area. Restocks shelves in respective areas and orders via the pharmacy want book.
- Identifies critical issues, prioritizes workload and communicates to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner. Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel in a polite and respectful manner.
- Performs unit/area inspections as well as expiration date checking when scheduled and submits appropriate documentation when completed. . Prepares all work records needed for the day including USP 797 cleaning documentation, batch logs, census reports, outdate reports and unload reports. Complies with ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per department procedures.