PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is one of the nation's largest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica Warwick, RI pharmacy is recruiting a Pharmacy Technician Il to join our team.
The Pharmacy Technician Il will assist with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist and in accordance with state pharmacy regulations. Performs at least one higher level pharmacy technician responsibility in addition to filling prescriptions, such as Control Room, MTS (prepack machines), inventory control (purchasing), data entry, IVs, servicing facility-based medication dispensing machines).
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy.
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy.
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Also performs at least one of the followin
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room.
- Works with automated machine to prepack drugs.
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand.
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry).
- Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood.
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow).
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a pharmacy setting.
- Ability to operate a computer; ability to recognize and identify medications.
- Licenses/Certifications: As required by government regulations and business needs.
- Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, effective oral communication.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm including some weekend evening & weekend day shifts.
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!