Are you highly organized and passionate about supporting a medical team dedicated to providing patient and family education and care? Do you have a keen eye for detail and are fascinated by all things pharmacy related? Are you a self-starter who takes pride in their work and helping others? If you said yes, keep reading – we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Pharmacy Technician II, you’ll support the mission of our in-house Pharmacy Department which serves over our Newport Beach inpatient floors, Operating Room, and outpatient Cancer Center. Being a Hoag Pharmacy Tech II, means creating a Patient Centered Care environment and collaborating with members of your team to offer the highest level of care to those who depend on us.
Inside Hoag’s Pharmacy
This is a fast-paced environment as we have over 450 beds in our Newport Beach location, along with an Emergency Department with approximately 113k visits annually. Serving these areas includes assisting pharmacists with department operations which include, but are not limited to, preparing IV admixture, unit dose order fills, infusion pharmacy support, medication charging functions, and TPN mixing, manually or using an auto-mixer. You will work alongside the Pharmacy team to coordinate solutions for various department needs and ensure that the nursing staff is well equipped to serve our patients. This environment will allow you to strengthen your skills, grow your pharmacy knowledge, and provide you the resources necessary to grow your career.
Other duties may include:
- Ensuring that quality pharmacy service is delivered to all patients on a 24-hour basis
- Performing chemotherapy or biohazardous drug mixing under the direct supervision of a pharmacist after successful certification
- Delivering medication to and from nursing floors
- Preparing anesthesia drug trays, emergency drug trays, and floor stock medication for patient care areas
- Providing exceptional customer service to patients
- Assisting Pharmacist or manager with projects as needed
Hoag employees consistently maintain a high standard of professional communication, appearance and conduct. They’re driven to excel and they’re deeply passionate about their work. To that end, we’ll expect you to participate in our continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
We’re keen on following safety measures and infection control protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate knowledge of the populations we serve.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Valid California Board of Pharmacy Technician License
- Extensive and comprehensive pharmacy technician job experience
- A working skill in general mathematics and familiarity with drug nomenclature and/or medical terminology
- PTCB Certification
- ASPH Accredited Technician Program graduate
- Previous experience from a progress hospital pharmacy
Hoag is the Place to Be
We believe that when you join Hoag, you become part of a family. We’re deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve our community, making your ongoing growth and development our priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases and sponsored training opportunities, Hoag employees enjoy:
- Annual performance incentives
- Safe Harbor bonuses
- Competitive 401 (k) program with matching contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nursing Scholarships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- On-site Wellness Centers in our Irvine and Newport Beach campuses that include discounted services for massage therapy, acupuncture, mediation and mindfulness, yoga, Pilates and fitness coaches
We look for passion, an ownership mentality, and out-of-the box thinking. If this is you and Hoag sounds like home, please apply. A member our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you if they want to know more.
There’s no Place Like Hoag
Recently, Hoag was recognized as the highest ranked hospital in Orange County in a 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report. The organization was also ranked the #4 hospital in the Los Angeles Metro Area and the #8 hospital in California. The Association for Healthcare Philanthropy recognized 52 U.S. and Canadian nonprofit organizations as high-performing fundraisers in the North American healthcare industry for fiscal year 2015. Forty of 52 were U.S. hospital systems.
We’re an industry leader at the cornerstone of exceptional patient care – but we can’t do it without you.
To learn more about us and see our culture in action, check out this video on YouTube - https://youtu.be/O7YXZfHmhV4.
- Job ID #: 64868
- Type: Full Time
- Shift: 1st
Hoag is an equal opportunity employer.