Provides timely and accurate pharmaceutical care, including procurement, storage, preparation and distribution ofmedications and IV solutions, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
- Completes order-entry procedures.
- Performs inventory management functions.
- Performs medication product distribution. This may involve automated or non-automated processes.
- Performs quality control and documentation.
- Prepares chemotherapy products.
- Prepares IV/Piggyback and Enteral/Parenteral products. Examples include epidurals, narcotic infusions and Patient Controlled Analgesia.
- Prepares oral, topical and injectable products. Examples include unit dose, cart fill, repackaging bulk medications, liquids, pedipods, extemporaneously compounded products, antineoplastics and syrups.
- Uses and troubleshoots automated pharmaceutical technology.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education / Certification / Registration:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program or equivalent as defined by CA State law.
- Registration with California State Board of Pharmacy required.
- Certification through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, Inc. desirable.
- At least one year related experience as a pharmacy technician is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic and trade pharmaceutical names, pharmaceutical calculations and laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of different Pharmacy practice settings, including narcotic delivery and procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to identify and employ pharmaceutical and medical terms, abbreviations and symbols commonly used in prescribing, dispensing, and record keeping of medications.
- Knowledge of and the ability to carry out calculations for common dosage determination. Knowledge and understanding of the identification of medications, medication dosages, routes of administration, dosage forms, and storage requirements.
- Requires a basic working knowledge of legal requirements and accreditation standards including TJC (The Joint Commission), Title XXII, DHS, DEA, FDA and USP.
- Able to use a computer.
- Ability to perform the manipulative and record keeping functions involved in and related todispensing prescriptions, manufacturing, packaging, and labeling of medication products.
- May interpret and enterphysician orders.
- Perform sterile parenteral procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Must have the skills toproduce accurate work results within established timeframes.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Roseville
Organization: Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off