The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assuring that each resident has timely access to all medications as ordered by the prescribing professional.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure patient access to medication and document appropriately in Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Ensure the accuracy of the MAR at all times and enters all appropriate notations in the MAR regarding the administration or lack thereof for each client and each client’s medication.
- Advise Providers in advance when there are no refill orders left on maintenance medications.
- Fax, phone, electronically deliver, or by any other practical means, advise pharmacy of medications to be filled.
- Continuously reviews medications in medication cart to remove expired or redundant medications.
- Ensure timely and appropriate disposal of expired and discontinued medications.
- Ensure the E-Boxes are in-date and complete at all times.
- Communicate regularly with clinical staff regarding residents who are non-compliant with medication schedules.
- Attend all required in-service training seminars.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of (1) year experience working in a social service setting required.
- High School Diploma
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Proficiency with computer operation (Microsoft Word, Excel, AWARDS, and Outlook programs).
18.80 - 22.24 /hourWhat is this?