Organization: Adventist Health White Memorial
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Job Posting: Mar 18, 2019, 11:06:34 PM
Shift: Variable Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Pharmacy Technician who:
Performs packaging, manipulative, repetitive, or other nondiscretionary tasks related to the furnishing of drugs, while assisting and under the direct supervision and control of a pharmacist. Fills and delivers the unit dose cassettes from the patients profile to nursing units.
- Pulls medications from stock and matches medications with the corresponding label generated by the pharmacist involved with entry of medication orders into the patient's computer generated profile in an accurate manner.
- Maintains floor stock (restocking, removal of expired medications, rotate stock) of nursing areas and other medication areas. Prices and stocks in-coming deliveries.
- Prepares IV medication products within the guidelines of applicable laws and regulations.
- Checks in orders from wholesaler and suppliers. Distributes appropriately the stock and file paperwork; processes returns and back orders in a timely manner.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associates / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Pharmaceutical Technician Board certification: Required