Job Title: Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy)
Shift: Rotating Shifts – FULL TIME
Summary of Department/Service Line: UPMC Pinnacle has a vision for a healthier community. That is why in everything we do, our goal is to meet or exceed the expectations of our patients and their families. As a leading employer in the region, UPMC Pinnacle strives to attract and retain talented, compassionate people who share this same vision. There are many benefits in becoming an employee at UPMC Pinnacle:
- Fast paced Inpatient environment with leading-edge technology
- Career ladder and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Work collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and pharmacists
- Competitive wages and benefits
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician I, under the direction and supervision of a pharmacist, will assist in the preparation, dispensing, charging, and delivery of medications to patients. This role will work with all age groups and populations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Refilling automated dispensing machine
- Prepare and dispense medications including IV's
- Support Pharmacy services at all three hospital locations (Harrisburg, Community Osteopathic, West Shore)
- Ensure prompt and efficient delivery of medications to patient rooms
- Once certified as a Pharmacy Technician, training will be provided to work with sterile infusions
- Successfully complete all assigned annual competencies
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Prior pharmacy experience required.
- In lieu of experience, minimum of an Associate's Degree and previous health care experience will be considered.
- Must possess the ability to speak, comprehend, read and write the English language
- Basic computer skills required in order to complete mandatory training programs and effectively use electronic medical record systems
- Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) within one year
- Prior health-system pharmacy experience preferred
To Apply, click the Apply button below
The online application must be completed in full in order to be considered for a position with UPMC Pinnacle. If your work history extends beyond the four work history spaces on our application, please be sure to submit a resume inclusive of all of your work history in order to have full consideration of your experience.
Pharmacy, Pharmacy Tech, Pharmacy Technician, Pharm Tech, Technician, Certified Pharmacy Technician, Certified Pharm Tech, Certified Pharmacy Tech, PTCB, healthcare, prescriptions, hospital, hospital pharmacy, CPhT, pharmacy technician trainee, AZ tech in training, prior authorization, customer service, mail order pharmacy, pharmaceutical, PBM, pharmacy benefit management
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams and parts of Snyder counties.