Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Pharmacy Technician assists the licensed Pharmacist in preparation and distribution of drugs, maintaining drug inventory, and maintaining records for a hospital with a patient population ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric
experiencing medically complex conditions, general medical-surgical conditions with rehabilitation and/or wound care needs.
The Pharmacy Technician duties include:
- Assist the Pharmacist with the preparing, filling and dispensing of medications.
- Maintain patient records, set up, package and label medication doses.
- Maintain inventory of drug supplies.
Performs specific job responsibilities authorized by the State Board of Pharmacy Rules and Regulations .under paragraph 291.73.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- One (1) year of hospital pharmacy technician experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- National Pharmacy Technician certification preferred or other exam approved by State Board of Pharmacy.
- Provider CPR (BLS) certification is required within 90 days of hire and must be maintained current throughout employment.
- IV Certification as required by State regulations
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Free Food and Coffee
- Subsidized Commuting
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Long Term Disability
- Gym Memberships
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Merchandise Discounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Military Leave