Work Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA
InGenesis Solutions has a great opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician to come work with our customer located in Santa Fe Springs, CA. In this role, you will support and assists the pharmacist with providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to patients in accordance with the policies and procedures, the state’s professional standards, and other regulatory entities. The Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and assists with the preparation, packing and delivery of products and services to the patients.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
- Contacts patients and/or caregivers to schedule a delivery and determine supply needs; Picks and packs medical supplies to fill patient orders; Accurately dispenses products in the computer system to generate a delivery ticket and/or prescription labels; Confirms delivery tickets after delivery.
- Assists the pharmacist with the preparation and dispensing of medications and supplies using appropriate techniques
- Assists with product purchasing, inventory and equipment management. Orders the correct drug products from the wholesale company if requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience as a Pharmacy technician
- Active and unrestricted Pharm Tech license in the state of CA
- Excellent communication skills
- Sterile Compounding experience is a plus
- National Certified Pharm Tech is a plus
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, and make sound decisions.
Key words: Pharm Tech, PTCB, Certified Pharmacy Technician
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.