Our work matters. We help people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well. We do not lose sight of that. It fuels our passion and drives every decision we make.Job Posting Title
Pharmacy Trade Relations and Innovation Sr. DirectorJob Description
The Pharmaceutical Trade Relations & Innovation Senior Director is responsible for leading Prime’s trade relationship with pharmaceutical manufacturers and other healthcare organizations as it pertains to value-based contracting, digital therapeutics and data licensing. This includes contract negotiation, upsell of Prime’s services, and execution of rebate or other innovative agreements, representing all such agreements to Prime’s internal and external customers where appropriate, and positioning Prime as a leader in innovative healthcare solutions. This position participates in the development of overall strategy and is a key stakeholder in value assessment.
- Negotiate contractual agreements with pharmaceutical manufacturers and other healthcare organizations that support Prime’s business assuring coordination with corporate goals and establishment of performance standards.
- Along with the AVP Trade Relations, lead in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives concerning VBC and innovative digital health solutions and data licensing.
- Lead efforts to identify an industry partner(s) for digital therapeutic products. Define product specifications and objectives, and lead a cross-functional team to implement
- Manage corporate relationships with external partners and ensure that partner’s products are brought forth internally to evaluate all innovative opportunities for Prime’s business; represent company objectives and perspective to external partners
- Assess internal and external capabilities and identify strategies to deliver best possible outcome; collaborate with internal product teams to successfully launch initiatives
- Identify and work with digital start-ups and leverage solutions that are emerging or already exist.
- Serve as a department resource for escalated client issues, contract analysis, and contract language needs
- Assist in the presentation of corporate recommendations to P&T committees or other stakeholder committees
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Pharmacy, PharmD, or MD
- 10 years of related work experience in healthcare, pharmacy benefit management (PBM), contracting or business development
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships at all levels within an organization
- Expert negotiation and influencing skills
- MBA, Masters Public Health, or other advanced degree
- Intimate knowledge of and experience within the PBM industry, Medicaid, Medicare, and health plans
- Pharmacist / Pharm D
- Familiarity with contract language and risk mitigation concepts
Minimum Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Constantly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Reports VP in the Pharm Trade Relations department
Prime Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.