Safely collect blood samples via venipunctures, heel-sticks and finger sticks; Responsible for quality of blood samples; Verify patient identification; Assure safety and comfort of patient by following established standards; Adhere to Customer Service Excellence.
* Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
* Passed an accreditated course including clinical experience or have 1 year of continuous phlebotomy experience.
* Certification Requirement: Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
* Age Specific Care Provided For: Neo-natal, Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults and Geriatrics.
* Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize one or more of the following: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Meditech (if applicable to position), Epic (if applicable to position) and Performance Manager/NetLearning.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians, customers, and the general public.
* Must be flexible, have personal integrity, and the ability to function effectively as a team with other employees.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions. Must possess skills in patient and customer relations, computer literacy.
* Must be able to perform venipuncture and processing of lab samples for in-house and reference laboratory testing.
* Must be able to operate simple medical laboratory equipment i.e. centrifuge.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled