ImmunoTek Bio Centersis currently looking for a Phlebotomistfor our Bedford Location!
ImmunoTek is seeking professionals with a passion for saving lives and professional development. ImmunoTek is not just a place to get a job; it's a place to forge a career. We are governed by a set of core principles that guide us through all facets of our business. These principles set the tone for the method in which we hire, train, develop and collaborate with our most important asset...our people.
People are the most important part of our company. We are passionate about three groups of people:
1. We value the amazing employees ImmunoTek Associates who have made the decision to join our ImmunoTek family. Each Associate plays an important role in making the workplace thriving and enjoyable.
2. We are extremely grateful for the plasma donors who have decided to make ImmunoTek a part of their lives, visiting us weekly and becoming part of our business family.
3. We are dedicated to supplying the highest quality plasma used in medications for patients all over the world.
Under the supervision of the Donor Room Lead or Operational Center Management, and in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures Manual guidelines, assist in determining the suitability of a donor to undergo plasmapheresis, operate the automated plasmapheresis machines / monitor donors, ensuring that donors experience a safe and successful plasmapheresis procedure. May perform all auto technician operator functions including response and evaluation of all autopheresis troubleshooting displays, documentation of exceptions (resticks, reactions, etc.) and the ability to complete all Donor Room Logs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
2. Able to perform phlebotomies on all donors regardless of difficulty.
3. Monitor and evaluate operation and provide feedback to supervisor.
4. Proper setup of all equipment and disposable supplies.
5. Site preparation and phlebotomy according to established procedures.
6. Constant monitoring of donors and equipment operation to ensure health of donor and quality of product.
7. Disconnect and dispose of all contaminated disposable equipment.
8. Accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records.
9. Attend all required training sessions, staff meetings, etc.
10. Maintain thorough familiarity with all State and Federal regulations, FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, European regulations, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP as well as internal company procedures.
11. Ensure that equipment and work area is maintained in a clean and organized manner, and all equipment operates properly.
12. Ensure that supplies are available to perform necessary tasks.
13. Advises Donor Room Lead of noticeable complications that may jeopardize the health/safety of the donor, product integrity, and/or efficient and professional operation of the Donor Room.
14. Assist in emergency medical procedures when necessary.
15. Report all unsafe situations or conditions to supervisor.
16. Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
17. May be required to work weekends, evenings and some holidays.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, cleaning of all areas of the Center, receiving and shipping of products and materials.
2. May be assigned to train or work with new employees.
3. May be assigned to assist in other areas as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Knowledge and technique of blood collection/plasma collection.
Strong organizational skills required. Must have legible handwriting. Must be able to proficiently use PC.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure and technical manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must have good interpersonal skills.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Manual dexterity to perform all phases of donor plasmapheresis. Ability to stand for extended periods of time - up to four (4) hours at a time. Ability to lift, tug, pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to short periods of time to freezing temperatures. Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens.