We are looking for a Phlebotomist (40 hours per week) in our Laurel MD PSC location.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
The Phlebotomist provides expertise in blood draws and specimen preparation. Their ability to put patients at ease and obtain sufficient samples with minimal discomfort to patients across a wide demographic is critical to our commitment to high quality care for our patients and those of our partners.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
* Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
* Collects and stores specimens according to established procedures.
* Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
* Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
* Fully understand all of the physicians' orders.
* Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
* Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct.
* Package specimens for transport
* Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen.
* Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
* Attend annual department trainings
* Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries.
* Valid Phlebotomy certification for the state where you will be employed as required (CA & LA require license, FL requires certification)
* Minimum of 6 months' work experience performing venipunctures in a fast paced lab or hospital setting
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* High School Diploma or GED
* Excellent patient interaction skills both in person and by phone
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled