- Framingham, MA 01702
- Job Type
Program RISE is a multi-service component of JRI Health, serving the MetroWest area (Framingham, Marlborough, Milford, and surrounding towns). RISE offers Preventive Health Care such as confidential screening for HIV, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), and viral Hepatitis, LGBTQ Youth drop-in, overdose education and Naloxone distribution, syringe access, PrEP, Post Overdose Follow-up, and HIV client services, such as medical case management and group support services for individuals affected and living with HIV/AIDS.
The RISE Phlebotomist/Health Educator is a full-time staff position and reports directly to the Program Manager with assistance from the Program Director and the Nurse Practitioner.
Perform venipunctures, process creatinine tests, and document results for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. Follow all CLIA and OSHA requirements and regulations. Serve as a back-up for prevention and clinical team members as needed. Work closely with the Lab Coordinator to maintain inventory of supplies, equipment, and learning resources; ensuring compliance with OSHA standards of safety rules and regulations; working with staff in skills training and practice, demonstration, simulation and remediation.
Provide routine HIV, STI, Viral Hepatitis Counseling, Screening and Supported Referrals. Educate people who use drugs about naloxone, and provide harm reduction resources. Support clients with PrEP enrollment, including sexual health assessment, and follow-up as per the PrEP Guidelines.
• Support the Lab Coordinator by creating learning environment that enhances the staff’s ability to use concrete thinking and problem solving skills
• Collaborate on ordering and maintaining inventory of all lab supplies and equipment.
• Support the daily lab set-up and clean-up in accordance with OSHA clinical procedures and practices to support our HIV, STI, and Viral hepatitis screening and prevention services (maintain a schedule of responsible parities to support cleaning, temperature log, etc.).
• Ensure that medical supplies have been checked for expiration date on a monthly basis and report them to the Lab Coordinator immediately and rotate as needed.
• Enter client demographics, test performed and diagnosis correlating to tests performed in the electronic medical records system (EMR).
• Ensure that the above information is entered in Quest’s Diagnostics system when appropriate.
• Ensure that two people verify information prior to specimen submission to the state laboratory (verify client name, D.O.B., etc. matches the submission forms & the LTC form) to prevent specimen rejection.
• Ensure that all clients information has been entered on the lab log by matching specimens to the log.
• Ensure that all results are entered into lab log and clients have been contacted in a timely manner.
• Ensure that printers in the lab are fully operational and trouble shoot with ITSupport (printer/Dymo).
• Assist the Lab Coordinator in the orientation of new staff to lab equipment, policies and procedures.
• Obtain blood, urine, and other specimens from clients per laboratory or client request.
• Serve as a back-up for health educator and clinical team members as needed by controlling client flow, performing tests, obtaining creatinine specimen/running test and documenting vital signs as needed.
• Any other task as requested by the Nurse Practitioner, the Program Manager of Infectious Disease and Prevention Services, and the Director of Quality Assurance must be adhered too.
• Provide HIV, STI, and Viral Hepatitis testing and counseling, including phlebotomy, CTR (Counseling, Testing and Referral) services according to the guidelines set by CDC and MDPH (will train).
• Provide behavioral and appropriate health assessment and harm reduction counseling and education to all clients seeking HIV, STI and Viral Hepatitis Counseling.
• Provide counseling and linkage to care around Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and work closely with the Nurse Practitioner on follow-up and retention.
• Provide short term health navigation, linkage to care, supported referrals, and connection with JRI Health continuum of HIV prevention and housing services as well as outside services
• Provide workshops on naloxone & syringe access to communities and clients impacted by opioid addiction.
• Maintain productive relationships with partner agencies that provide services to the priority population in the community.
• Conduct in-reach at Drop-in space and related activities to identify PWID in need of service; support Drop-in space programming and supervision when requested.
• Collect program and client-level data, documenting various aspects of the engagement, Counseling and Testing, health assessment, PrEP, intervention sessions, referrals, and progress notes. Submit all required documentation in a timely fashion.
• Remain current and informed regarding issues of HIV/AIDS, STI, Viral Hepatitis, LGBTQ issues, substance use, and options counseling, and other communicable diseases.
• Attend Clinical Supervision and administrative supervision as required.
• Allow for a flexible schedule in order to accommodate hours for outreach and meeting attendance.
• Attend regularly scheduled meetings and trainings that support the mission and objectives of both agencies and/or that are mandated by the funding requirements.
• Participate in all required quality assurance activities.
• Carry out other related duties as may arise and requested by the DQA, Nurse Practitioner, Program Manager, and any other supervisor.
• Phlebotomy certification/experience preferred (will train).
• Available to work evenings, holidays, weekend shifts as necessary; able to work alone in an unsupervised environment.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English and/or Portuguese/English preferred
• A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
• Knowledgeable in youth development; able to obtain and interpret information in terms of the needs of youth; understanding of the range of interventions and treatment required by the populations served.
• Cultural sensitivity and knowledge of diverse populations, including Black, Hispanic, LGBTQ cultures.
• General knowledge of health promotion and HIV, STI and Viral Hepatitis prevention strategies (will train).
• General knowledge and understanding of the relevant evidence-based interventions (will train).
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, relevant experience may be substituted.
• Ability to provide services using a trauma-informed, harm reduction, and stages of change approach.
• Excellent counseling and communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team.
• Strong sense of professionalism, boundaries, and ethics.
• Background Check: Acceptable CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information), OIG background check, driving record.
Posted 30+ days ago