To provide the basic skills necessary for collection of blood samples through the use of skin puncture and venipuncture techniques.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One year experience as a hospital phlebotomist or graduate from Phlebotomy school.
- Basic computer skills;
- basic mathematic skills National certification preferred.
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology and an in depth knowledge of specimen collection tools and techniques.
- Phlebotomists are able to approach, communicate and positively interact with patients and other health care professionals while performing their duties, which may also involve stressful situations.