Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently recruiting Phlebotomists to support VA operations in Palo Alto, Fremont, and Menlo Park. The Phlebotomist provide a wide range of phlebotomy and medical lab assistant duties. Five (5) full-time positions are available with a Mon-Fri, 8:00am-5:00pm work schedule. The facilities to be supported include:
- VA Palo Alto, 3801 Miranda Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304
- VA Fremont Clinic, 39199 Liberty St., Fremont, CA 94538
- VA Menlo Park, 795 Willow Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025
- VA San Jose Cinic, 5855 Silver Creek Valley Place, San Jose, CA 95138
- VA Monterey Clinic, 201 9th St., Marina, CA 93933
*Note: The available positions are permanent with full-time hours.*
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the fields of national security, health care, and information technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who take care of our customers’ success as if it is their own.
- Daily procurement of blood specimens including venipuncture, blood cultures from both inpatients and outpatients. Procurement includes positive patient identification, accurate specimen labeling, specimen handling of identified specimens and timely transport of specimens to the laboratory. Providers must also provide instruction or question patients regarding fasting conditions for blood chemistries, anticoagulant therapy for coagulation studies, etc.
- Assists in training and teaching of phlebotomy to Medical Technology students and new phlebotomists in venipuncture and other related phlebotomy techniques.
- Serves as a resource person for less-experienced phlebotomy staff and in answering questions and solving on the spot phlebotomy problems that arise.
- Inspects, receives, and maintains phlebotomy supply inventory and insures that phlebotomy stock rooms are in clean and orderly fashion.
- Processes specimens for the clinical laboratory sections as assigned (i.e. Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology) including VISTA accessioning, centrifugation and plasma/serum separation of blood, specimen storage, slide preparation, culture set up, measurement of timed urine specimens, and documentation of specimen status such as special handling requirements, specimen condition (i.e. lipemic, QNS, hemolytic), volumes etc.
- Prepares and stains slides such as differentials, gram stains, and reticulocytes.
- Prepares specimens, packaging and request forms for send-out reference laboratories.
- Builds prints and maintains VISTA phlebotomy collection lists and labels. Maintains tally of outpatients and inpatient phlebotomy. Answers telephone inquiries for laboratory test information, status and results.
- Certificate of completion from a phlebotomy vocational program
- Current Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) license in the State of California
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. Ansible will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.