Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Phlebotomist to:
- Become part of our diverse team, working in a fast paced and patient centered environment.
- Collect blood specimens using a variety of techniques from patients of all ages in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Work with other teams of healthcare professionals to provide a positive experience to all patients, families and visitors.
Minimum - High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred - Completion of accredited Phlebotomy Training program and clinical rotation.
Minimum - Six months experience in patient care and/or phlebotomy.
Preferred - One year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) in phlebotomy.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Basic Life Support/CPR certification or ability to obtain Basic Life Support/CPR Certification within 3 months of hire.
Preferred - Phlebotomist (American Society for Clinical Pathology) or equivalent.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Tolerance to an acute care setting
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of medical terminology related to blood collection
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated skill with laboratory information systems
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position scheduled to work Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with rotating holiday and on-call shifts required. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.