Senior PHP Software Engineer 6 month contract in Downtown Los Angeles, CA.
Individual contributor on an order management team that handles order lifecycle for millions of transactions on two eCommerce websites. Support processes including payment processing and customer management, and checkout. Technical architecture, mentor, and tactical decision using back-end services built in PHP, Scala/Java. User facing tools are built in Node/React.
- Web development role helping with a PHP to Scala migration and assisting engineers in production and ticket support
- Architecture and authoring high-quality tested systems
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Writing unit, integration, behavioral, and performance tests
- Partner with QA and production to build systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- 5 years software development experience with PHP .5 or higher (5.6 and some 5.7)
- Symfony, and Laravel or Zend web framework experience
- Debugging with Xdebug or another debugger
- Able to code well and do both new development as well as production support
- Interest in learning Scala and functional typed programming
- 5+ years of experience with SQL