Open positions are in Vermont and Maryland.
Possible roles include:
PHYSICAL DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for all aspects of physical design including floor planning, place and route, Clock Tree Synthesis, Clock Distribution, IP integration, extraction, Timing closure, Power and Signal Integrity Analysis, Physical Verification, DFM and Tape Out
- Ability to interface with Front End Design team to resolve Design Issues
PHYSICAL DESIGN REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: BS/BE/MS - Any Specialization, Electronics/Telecommunication, Electrical
- 5+ years of industry experience in the following areas: Floorplanning, Place & Route, Clock Tree Synthesis, and experience preferably with Cadence tools flows
- Experience in power planning, IR drop analysis, placement, multi-mode & multi-corner (MMMC), clock tree synthesis, routing, timing optimization
- Capability of signal integrity, crosstalk noise and delay analysis, debugging timing violations for multi-mode and multi-corner designs, implementing timing fixes, applying functional ECOs and Timing closure experience in leading edge technologies
- Experience with STA on large, complex designs and Multi-Scenario Timing Closure
- Familiarity with ECO techniques and implementation, and PERL/TCL, Linux/Unix shell
LOGIC DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as part of the logic design team. Primary responsibilities include generating architecture and micro-architecture specifications as well as RTL design; Conduct design reviews, unit/IP/chip level simulation, synthesis, Timing closure, Tape-out, and post-Si debug, etc.
LOGIC DESIGN REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of experience as a logic designer and a BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering (with all the relevant coursework on digital/microprocessor design, computer architecture, VLSI design, software/programming courses)
- Familiarity with Verilog/SystemVerilog RTL coding, logic design as well as validation/physical design aspects of the work
- Familiarity with a range of internal and 3rd-party logic design tools
- Drive and optimize Synthesis, Power Optimization, Signal Integrity, and Static Timing methodologies
- Work closely with digital, analog, and physical design teams to optimize front-end (RTL-to-Netlist) implementation for performance, power, and area
- Drive SoC timing budgeting, constraint analysis, optimization, and sign-off timing closure
- Drive front-end low power implementation and optimization using UPF
- Drive Formal Verification (logic equivalency)
- Participate in Library and Memory IP selection (benchmarking/evaluations), characterization, and configuration
- Participate in SoC development planning and scheduling
- Continuously improve RTL-to-Netlist tool flows and methodologies
- Implement Design for Test (DFT) for Scan and Memory BIST
- 8 years of experience in Design Implementation (Synthesis/STA/Timing closure/Functional verification)
- Good exposure to STA, Synthesis and Functional verification tools
- Good scripting skills (TCL/Perl)
- Familiarity with PD concepts/flow and assist PD team if and when required
- Own full chip responsibilities
- Interact with tool vendors and debug tool related or IP related issues independently
asicNorthis an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EMPLOYER: asicNorth is an ASIC Design House and a Supply Chain manager in our 19th year of business. We have one purpose in mind: deliver the highest quality design services possible. We provide comprehensive Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Development, Verification, Fabrication, Characterization, Qualification and Supply services to the semiconductor industry. We offer a wide range of innovative and well-managed solutions, technical and efficient skill sets, and flexible engagement models. Today, asicNorth is enabling high-tech industry leaders and startups alike with a combination of digital, analog, and mixed-signal design capabilities. Driven to produce successful results, asicNorth is Making Chips Happen™. We work with fab and fabless semiconductor companies at various levels, including execution of entire projects, complementing customers’ existing design teams, and providing engineering staff as needed. In addition, we develop and provide intellectual property, such as data converters, power management, and RFID subsystems, to our customers. The majority of our work is done with CMOS and SOI technologies from 180nm down to 7nm.
asicNorth is a process oriented corporation striving for continuous improvement in the social, environmental and ethical responsibility of our operations. Our corporate headquarters are located in Williston, Vermont, where our employees enjoy smaller city living and the great outdoors. We also have Design Centers in Raleigh, North Carolina and Tempe, Arizona, which offer larger city experiences and associated perks. In addition, where the job role allows, we support remote work and have employees in a number of different states across the country. asicNorth values people and as such, promotes collaboration and teamwork, has an open door management policy and values innovative thinking. Quality leadership, innovative technology, and valued relationships are essential to our business.
SALARY/BENEFITS:asicNorth offers competitive pay, commensurate with experience and offers a comprehensive/flexible benefit plan designed to meet the needs of our eligible employees and dependents. Benefits include medical (2 options), dental, vision, disability (STD and LTD) and basic life and AD&D insurance. In addition, company programs offer additional perks such as an industry based paid time off program, flexible work arrangements, professional membership reimbursement, a sale incentive program, a tuition reimbursement program, an employee wellness program and company sponsored events.
In 2018, asicNorth was recognized as a Best Place to Work in Vermont for the 8th consecutive year and was recognized in Arizona and North Carolina as a Top Company to work for.
For more information on asicNorth visit www.asicnorth.com.