Ballington Academy is a Public Charter School Educating Students from Transitional Kindergarten to Grade Six. We Offer an Innovative Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) Curriculum for all Grades Using a Hands-on Project-Based Learning Approach, Teaching Real-World, 21st Century Skills. We are seeking caring individuals who have a passion for empowering children and families with the tools to live a better quality of life. For more information about our school visit: http://www.ballingtonacademy.org/about.html
Our El Centro Charter School is seeking candidates with previous experience in Physical Education to help students grow emotionally, socially intellectually, and physically according to his or her basic needs, ability, and maturity level. This position works with the Principal to establish a wholesome learning environment and culture. He or she works in partnership with parents to endure the highest level of educational achievement for each child. Responsible for the development and instruction of a TK through 6th grade curriculum. This will be part-time.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Supports the implementation of the school vision, culture, and educational model.
- Provides instruction in varying groups and individually as prescribed by Ballington Academy of Arts and Sciences. This includes character development, Standards Based curriculum, science, arts, and enhanced learning activities.
- Diagnoses students needs and implements differentiated instruction to address needs of each student to ensure highest educational achievement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and ensures learning atmosphere in classroom.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials as part of planned learning experiences to motivate pupils.
- Evaluates pupil academic and social growth, keeps accurate records, prepares progress reports, and communicates with parents.
- Creates a functional and enticing learning environment.
- Identifies students' needs and cooperates with other professional staff member to ensure academic success.
- Strong knowledge of Standards and Standardized assessments.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education and professional development activities.
- Completes all reports as required, including student evaluation, inventories, program evaluations, and lesson plans.
- Interprets the educational program to parents and community members through personal conferences, meetings, and various media.
- Attends faculty meetings, in service meetings, team meetings, and grade level meetings as required.
- Performs basic attendance reporting.
- Maintains good public relations with parent groups.
- Supervises students in out of classroom activities.
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge in curriculum frameworks, latest research based instructional methodology, and special education regulations on both the Federal and State levels.
- Initiate the use of new teaching methods and materials, initiate, encourage, and direct experimental and pilot programs of instruction.
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and sort data to make instructional decisions to improve student performance.
- Comply with State Curriculum Standards.
- Complies with state/federal mandates as they relate to curriculum, instruction, special education, and special projects.
- Assists in the selection, evaluation, and procurement of instructional materials for the state/and or federal programs with the assistance of staff.
- Single Subject credentialing.
- A Bachelor's Degree in related field and including all courses needed to meet credential requirement.
- Valid California teaching credential (Multiple Subject Teaching or equivalent. CLAD, BCLAD.) Consideration will be given to Single Subjects Credentials in areas related to Arts, Music, Agriculture and Sciences.
- Experience in elementary schools as teacher or student teacher preferred. Elementary Charter schools experience preferred.
- Ability to meet District standards for physical and mental health.
- In depth knowledge of project based instruction, differentiated instruction, and convergence thinking.
- Knowledge of curriculum, California standards, and effective teaching practices. Competency in human relations and oral and written communication.
- Knowledge and expertise with students with special needs.
- Ability to work well with people: broad grasp of educational planning and curriculum.
- Genuine concern for students and passion for quality education.
- Role model for students.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. This Employer participates in E-Verify. Applications are only accepted online.