High School/Physical Education
NORTHEAST METRO 916 INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Date Posted:January 9, 2020
Position Title: Physical Education Teacher serving students ages 7 - 17
FTE: 1.0 (Monday through Friday,7:30 am - 3:30 pm)
Expected Starting Date:ASAP
Opening in March2020,Cambia Hills of East Bethelwill be Minnesota’s first purpose-built psychiatric residential treatment facility designed specifically for children and youth struggling with severe depression, anxiety, and other mental health needs.These are students who can excel in school and pursue their dreams with the right team of caring adults to guide them. Teachers and staff at Cambia Hills will have the unique opportunity for immersive professional development in the months leading up to the opening of this ground-breaking facility! Team members at Northeast Metro 916 have access to affordable,comprehensive benefit plans, as well as exceptional professional support.Apply to make a difference today!
Responsible for providing an educational environment where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for growth. Responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with district policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements and delivers instructional activities to actively engage students in meaningful learning experiences. Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities. Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Plans and prepares lessons for appropriate subject and grade/age level and ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous. Evaluates, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Provides a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities. Uses available resources and school continuum to effectively plan, present, monitor and assess student learning.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis. Shares academic, behavioral, emotional information with parents and staff. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with students, parents and staff.
- Manages classroom resources and may also direct the work and manage day-to-day activities of Education Assistants.
- Manages student behavior utilizing proactive, positive interventions and implements appropriate behavioral management plans and crisis intervention strategies.
- Assesses changing curricular needs, offers plans for improvement, and develops new curriculum within District guidelines. Keeps up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Participates in department and school meetings, parent meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree and licensed or able to obtain license by the MN Department of Education in Physical Education (K-12), Developmental Adaptive Physical Education (DAPE) license preferred.
Commitment to Equity
At Northeast Metro 916, equity means that everyone has access to what they need in order to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more, click here.
Northeast Metro 916 will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.