Position Title: Physical Education Teacher and Extended Care Program Director
Reports to: Principal
Employment Classification: Full-time
Seton Catholic Schools is a collaborative network of K-8 parish schools in the Greater Milwaukee area. We are coming together to strengthen academics, faith formation and life-long outcomes for all students. Over the next several years, Seton will include nearly 20 schools serving 5,000 students and be a national model for urban Catholic school renewal. By joining our team, you can become a leader in this important transformation.
The Seton Difference
Building on the tradition of Catholic education, Seton is developing a renewed, collaborative environment for educators:
- Join a community that shares your values. Immerse yourself in our diverse parish and neighborhood communities and grow in your own faith through regular school activities.
- Collaborate with other educators. As part of a 10-school network, our teachers are connected to resources, ideas, and support systems from fellow educators across the region.
- Teach the whole child. As a Seton teacher, you will play a unique role leading academic instruction and character formation for your students. In addition, all our schools offer specials subject areas: art, music, and physical education.
- Develop as an educator. Setonprioritizes and invests in unparalleled professional development, so you can improve your craft and grow at every stage of your career.
- Discover your long-term career path in education. We are actively developing new opportunities for sustainable career growth and leadership development across our growing network.
Physical Education Teacher position (.60 FTE)
A teacher at Seton Catholic Schools is a devoted educator who is committed to students succeedingin mind, body and spirit. Teachers are responsible for creating a safe, organized and joyful classroom environment that supports academic and spiritual instruction as well as physical well-being. Additionally, teachers participate in school and network professional development as well as receive coaching from principals.
Extended Care Program Director (Kid’s Campus Director) (.40 FTE)
- Daily hours from 3:30 pm until 6:00 pm
- Ensure the smooth running of Kid’s Campus. This includes maintaining the safety and engagement of scholars, supervising, and leading all aspects of Kid’s Campus Camp staff, facilities, activities, and groups.
- Supervise Kid’s Campus staff to ensure scholars safety and engagement.
- Hire and lead staff who model Catholic values and who are missioned aligned.
- Set, communicate, and hold staff accountable to expectations of working Kids Campus.
- Manage the performance of staff including providing coaching, feedback as needed and on a regular basis. Conduct performance evaluations.
- Must be able to take charge and direct children in case of an emergency.
- Assist in classes and activities for youth engaged in recreational activities to include active and passive participants.
- Assist instructing the Kid’s Campus staff to help students with homework.
- Assist in creating, organizing, and instructing a recreation program for children, including arts and crafts, physical activities, and special interest activities.
- Substitute as Lead Teacher when a staff member is absent
- Check attendance sheets for accuracy daily
- Update registration, group rosters and attendance sheets weekly
- Billing /invoicing
- Parent communication on behavior/ discipline issues
- Weekly Kid’s Campus Parent Communication in Parent Newsletter i.e. news, pictures, and snack menu.
- Family Surveys/ Camp Newsletter (Fall, Winter, Spring)
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Appropriate level of education and skill level for teaching P.E.
- Leadership/supervisory experience
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- Able to work consistently before or after school hours
- Promotes a positive image for the CEE Kid’s Campus/ Extended Day program
- Ability to demonstrate respect and professionalism in all relationships.
- Ability to follow verbal and or written instructions.
- Ability to work under stress and handle stressful situations.
Visit our Seton Catholic Schools Careers Page.