About Fallon Health
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization that supports the diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In addition to offering innovative health insurance solutions and a variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating unique health care programs and services that provide coordinated, integrated care for seniors and individuals with complex health needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the nation’s top health plans, and is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit fallonhealth.org.
About Summit ElderCare:
Fallon Health operates the largest Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in New England and the fifth largest in the country. Called Summit ElderCare, Fallon’s PACE helps provide older adults and their caregivers with a welcome alternative to nursing home care. Participants in Summit ElderCare have access to comprehensive medical services and social support at a Summit ElderCare site while they keep the independence of living in their own homes and communities.
Summary:Staff physical therapist with a minimum of one year experience working with elderly population. Under the general supervision of the Rehabilitation Manager, provides and documents the full range of Physical Therapy treatments and tests to all categories of participants, supervises assistants, supportive personnel and participated in educational services.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- PT evaluation therapy, assessment procedures are indicated. Conducts definitive therapy testing and interprets patients data.
- Designs and documents therapy plan of care. Modifies therapy goals or plan. Evaluates, interprets and responds to changes in physiological state.
- Evaluates and implements treatments. Designs and manages therapeutic program based on department standards.
- Utilizes all appropriate equipment per department protocols and standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills required to perform process involved in the delivery of age-appropriate patient care. Provides care appropriate to the patient population served. Completes all required competency assessments.
- Communicates effectively with patients and caregivers. Provides and documents specific training related to patients dysfunction. Provides patient educational materials appropriate to patient and family needs.
- Provides clinical instruction to affiliating physical therapy and physical assistant students. Accepts assigned students for designated clinical affiliation experiences. Actively cooperates with other personnel to achieve clinical education program objectives.
Education: MS or BS in Physical Therapy from a school accredited by APTA
License: Licensed as a physical therapist in Massachusetts.
Certification: CPR certification or willingness to be certified within 60 days of hire.
Experience: At least one year experience working with a frail or elderly population in a health care setting.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Fallon Community Health Plan Mission, Values and Vision.
- Specific competencies essential to this position:
- Infection Control
- Alzheimer’s Care
- Physical Therapy Services