Physical Therapist Acute Care PRN Weekends
AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna
Employer of Choice in Central Florida
Career growth and advancement potential
PRN / Per Diem Weekends / Holidays
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Responsible for direct and indirect clinical services in the physical therapy in/outpatient areas.
· Attempts initial evaluation of newly assigned inpatients within 24 hours, or documents the reason for the inability to do so in the medical record. Uses appropriate procedures, documents the data using accepted abbreviations, set measurable goals and formulates an individualized plan of care per policy.
· Completes documentation of inpatient evaluations and treatments on the date of service. (Outpatients documentation within one week).
· Provides patient/family education and HEP’s for carryover of treatment into the discharge setting as observed by documentation.
· Provides age appropriate evaluation and intervention techniques to the population served. Completes annual age specific competencies specific to scope of care.
· Participates in the student affiliation program for Physical Therapy (therapists and assistants) providing administrative and clinical supervision for same.
· Participates in ongoing reviews of physical therapy and rehab policies and procedures, making recommendations to update as appropriate.
· Attends mandatory quarterly staff meetings, or meets with area supervisor or Director before next scheduled work day.
What You Will Need:
· Bachelors of Science in Physical Therapy
· Current professional license as a Physical Therapist in state of Florida
· Current BLS
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Provides direct and indirect Physical Therapy services to inpatients and outpatients in the pediatric (1 year old and over), adolescent, adult and geriatric populations. Employee has responsibility to adhere to the Florida Hospital Fish Memorial Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.