Registry/ PRN/ As Needed
Flex Staff Department
This therapist is immersed into our Inpatient, DayRehab, and Outpatient programs working with an array of adult neuro conditions along with occasional exposure to orthopedics and pediatrics. Considering therapists that have full time availability and ability to commute to inpatient and DayRehab center locations.
Requirements: Must have at least 9 months of post graduation experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology and physical therapy treatments and modalities at a level normally acquired through completion of Doctoral degree from an accredited school of physical therapy.
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of Illinois.
- Approximately three to six months on-the-job experience necessary to gain full knowledge of physical therapy techniques and objectives to develop and administer treatment programs.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with physicians, patients and families in providing therapy and exchanging patient progress/condition information and to assign duties and orient/train subordinate professional, technical and support personnel.
- Analytical ability necessary for determining priorities, providing input regarding the development of departmental policies, procedures and budgets, evaluating new supplies and developing and assessing new programs and recommending changes.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when administering treatments, observing patients and maintaining records.
- Ability to lift 20 to 50 pounds occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds frequently to transfer and position patients.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- Some exposure to infectious diseases when working with patients.
- May include exposure to community, home, work, school and off-site clinic settings.
- Includes Saturday and Sunday rotation work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLabis an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.