Do you have the capability, sensitivity and skills needed to treat patients using a range of physical therapy modalities to help them work toward optimal health? Are you passionate about patient education and assisting your patients in meeting their physical health goals? Are you ready to join a dedicated therapy team in a busy rehabilitation services department? If you said yes, keep reading – we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
As a valuable member of the team at Hoag Rehabilitation Services (HRS), you’ll give direct inpatient care that supports the mission of the Patient Care Services Division. Being a Hoag Physical Therapist (PT) means serving our community by using research and evidence-based outcomes and collaborating with members of your team to offer the highest level of care to those who depend on us.
Inside Hoag Rehabilitation Services
HRS provides an array of treatments for the community on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. Our goal is simple - to help our patients return to optimal health and functionality. We do this by integrating skilled treatment techniques and patient/caregiver education, along with evidence-based practices and state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
Our rehabilitation team includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech language pathologists who have advanced certification and training in: neurology, orthopedics, vestibular rehabilitation; geriatrics, Lymphedema, pelvic floor; hand rehabilitation, voice and swallowing. As a PT, you will work directly with physician referred patients to assess their needs, establish treatment goals, and develop an appropriate physical therapy treatment program in collaboration with the patient, and their family.
Other duties may include:
- Conducting clinical screenings by reviewing medical history, performing systems review, and applying screening tests and measures.
- Identifying impairments, functional limitations, and disability based on examination data.
- Providing interventions to address therapeutic diagnosis, defining expected intensity, and duration of therapy, and making recommendations for discharge.
- Recording each patient's progress as they advance in their recovery.
Hoag employees consistently maintain a high standard of professional communication, appearance and conduct. They’re driven to excel and they’re deeply passionate about their work. To that end, we’ll expect you to participate in our continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
We’re keen on following safety measures and infection control protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate knowledge of the populations we serve.
Hoag is the Place to Be
We believe that when you join Hoag, you become part of a family. We’re deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve our community, making your ongoing growth and development our priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases, and sponsored training opportunities, Hoag employees enjoy:
- Annual performance incentives
- Safe Harbor bonuses
- Competitive 401 (k) program with matching contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nursing Scholarships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
- On-site childcare at our Newport Beach location
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- On-site Wellness Centers in our Irvine and Newport Beach campuses that include discounted services for massage therapy, acupuncture, mediation and mindfulness, yoga, Pilates and fitness coaches
We look for passion, an ownership mentality, and out-of-the box thinking. If this is you and Hoag sounds like home, please apply. A member our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you if they want to know more.
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of California, or licensure eligible pending application with the State.
- Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Minimum of 18 months experience as a Physical Therapist in an acute healthcare system
- Ability to think critically, solve practical problems, and deal effectively with a host of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the patient’s behalf.
- Works well 1:1 and in a team to obtain better outcomes.
- Possesses a keen understanding of healthcare management concepts along the continuum of care, includin clinical decision support systems, data analysis/synthesis, quality improvement, regulatory, and legislative issues.
- Self-directed and able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines, with excellent attention to detail, and a high level of work quality.
- Proven ability to work with all customer levels (physicians, organizational staff, insurance companies, patients and family members).
- Decisive and capable of exercising good judgment under pressure.
- Qualified bilingual or multilingual candidates.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, includin Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experienced using enterprise healthcare database systems.
There’s no Place Like Hoag
Recently, Hoag was recognized as the highest ranked hospital in Orange County in a 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report. The organization was also ranked the #4 hospital in the Los Angeles Metro Area and the #8 hospital in California.
We’re an industry leader at the cornerstone of exceptional patient care – but we can’t do it without you.
To learn more about us and see our culture in action, check out this video on YouTube.
- Job ID #: 49745
- Type: Per Diem
- Shift: 1st
Hoag is an equal opportunity employer.