Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
We are currently seeking a Physical Therapist II to join our Inpatient Acute team. This part time role will work 40 hours within a two week pay period. Schedule will consist of Monday/Friday (6 to 8 hour shifts) starting between 7:30 AM and 10:00 AM and ending between 3:00 PM and 6:30 PM. Schedule will also include every 4th weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and 2 holidays per year.
In collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, provides therapeutic services including evaluation, treatment, discharge planning and education.
- Performs and documents comprehensive physical therapy evaluations
- Develops and documents patient care plans to promote optimal function and safety
- Observes, evaluates, and documents patient's progress
- Participates in hospital rounds and patient care conferences
- Educates patients and care givers on therapeutic techniques, cares and treatments
- Completes all documentation and charges of services per departmental standards
- Functions as a clinical instructor for physical therapy and physical therapy assistant students
- Directs and supervises activities performed by the PT aides consistent with their training and skill (patient transfers, patient transport, preparation of patient and equipment for treatment, selected treatment procedures, clerical duties and departmental maintenance)
- Directs and supervises selected physical therapy interventions performed by physical therapist assistants
- Properly applies and operates rehabilitative equipment
- Develops and conducts physical therapy in-services for other staff
- Orients and mentors newly assigned staff
- Serves as a clinical resource for other staff
- Participates in program development
- Represents the physical therapy department on committees and provides consultation to other departments and agencies as assigned
- Assumes responsibilities of the supervisor as assigned during the supervisor’s absence
- Provides work direction for clerical staff
- Assists in monitoring the quality of physical therapy activities and services
- Functions as a resource for departmental policies and procedures
- Graduation from an accredited school of physical therapy
- Minimum of 2 fulltime years of experience (4,160 hours)
- Possession of valid Physical Therapy license issued by the Minnesota State Board of Physical Therapy
- Knowledge of policies/procedures and practice standards; physical therapy theory, techniques, and treatment, physical therapy and orthopedic equipment; counseling and educational techniques; bandaging and wrapping techniques
- Ability to perform professional physical therapy techniques and treatment; calibrate and operate physical therapy and orthopedic equipment
- Ability to provide work direction for ancillary personnel
- Ability to counsel and instruct patients and families; ability to recognize and document patient progress
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the medical team
- Ability to interact with individuals of widely diverse lifestyles including ability to deal objectively with individuals whose attitudes and behaviors differ from his/her own
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions, patient charts, and physicians' notes
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures in an advisory capacity (educate)
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.