Join a rehab team that provides innovative, evidence-based care, delivered with compassion, to enhance the recovery of the people we serve. We are committed to the professional growth and well-being of our team, fostering a culture of respect and collaboration.
Our PRN pool cover weekday and weekend shifts, enjoying the flexibility of self-scheduling and varied start times. Therapists cover all units of the hospital ranging from our certified stroke unit to the ICU to our Joint & Spine Center. We are looking for experienced clinicians, preferably with acute care experience.
Evaluates patients, neonatal through geriatric, for physical therapy services and provides therapeutic intervention according to departmental standards. Assesses the appropriateness and effectiveness of services provided to patients and documents same according to departmental standards and the special needs of patients of all ages.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conducts Physical Therapy evaluations and treatments, involving varied diagnoses and units, using a variety of appropriate treatment techniques and documents according to established departmental policies and procedures.
- Meets departmental productivity standards and completes productivity logs in a timely manner.
- Participates in quality and patient safety initiatives, engaging in excellent customer service practices, including but not limited to following ICARE. Also consults and serves as a resource for physicians, nursing staff, and other clinicians to increase knowledge of Physical Therapy and to identify the need for Physical Therapy services for patients of all ages.
- Stays up to date on hospital policies, departmental requirements and process improvement initiatives by reading all correspondence (meeting minutes, weekly updates, etc) and participating in huddles. Responds to communication and requests in a timely fashion.
- Provides technical supervision, direction, and support to staff Physical Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapy Aides, students, and volunteers.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
- Previous experience required; previous acute care experience preferred.
- Current license in Physical Therapy by the Board of Physical Therapy Examiners of Maryland.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy lifting
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
Activation Date: Friday, September 27, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, September 28, 2020