SHIFT: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Under the general direction of theDirector of Rehabilitation Services, is responsible for the clinicalcoordination of Physical Therapy Services.Manages daily operations, coordinates patient care and staffingassignments among all Physical Therapy (PT) divisions/locations and works incollaboration with the other Department Managers.Monitors and ensures service quality, efficiencyand effectiveness.
Thisposition is exempt from Career Service under the CCH Personnel Rules.
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Review applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements and consult with Labor Relations to generate management proposals
- Participate in collective bargaining negotiations, caucus discussions and working meeting
- Document, recommend and effectuate discipline at all levels
- Work closely with labor relations and/or labor counsel to effectuate and enforce applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Initiate, authorize and complete disciplinary action pursuant to CCH system rules, policies, procedures and provision of applicable collective bargaining agreements
- Direct and effectuate CCH management policies practices
- Access and proficiently navigate CCH records system to obtain and review information necessary to execute provisions of applicable collective bargaining agreements
- Contribute to the management of CCH staff and CCH’ systemic development and success
- Discuss and develop CCH system policy and procedure
- Consistently use independent judgment to identify operational staffing issues and needs and perform the following functions as necessary; hire. transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, direct or discipline employees pursuant to applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Work with Labor Relations to discern past practice when necessary
- Maintains an appropriate patient volume and productivity record.
- Demonstrates advanced competency in evaluation and treatment skills on diverse patient populations.
- Responsible for all items regarding patient care in all level PT positions.
- Assists the Director with overall management of the department by participating in the establishment and monitoring of therapy goals, objectives, policies, procedures, protocols, care standards, quality improvement and budgeting.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities, sets a personal example, facilitates a team effort, motivates staff, and fosters professionalism.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, staff, physicians and others in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Results-oriented with strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and is attentive to detail.
- Acts as resource for the Physical Therapy (PT), Occupational Therapy (OT) and Language, Speech, and Hearing (LSH) staff regarding patient care management and/or student program.
- Participates in recruitment, selection and interviewing process.
- Responsible for orientation, supervision, performance evaluation and disciplinary process for all therapy staff.
- Evaluates therapy staffs training needs of employees with Director including competencies.
- Mentors all staff as necessary.
- Advises employees regarding patient care, work objectives or projects.
- Recommends based on statistical reports and patient needs the number of competent PT staff to provide patient care.
- Upon approval by Senior Leadership, works with the Academic Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE) for the department to schedule and organize PT student and volunteer programs.
- Participates in various interdisciplinary projects, activities, meetings, training sessions, as the need arises or as circumstances warrant.
- Demonstrates consideration and sensitivity to ethical issues.
- Communicates to a variety of people inside and outside the institution in relationship to patient care or personnel with guidelines.
- Responsible for care of the environment, equipment, and following any special precautions in the area. Reports equipment malfunction and other environmental problems to maintain safety standards.
- Manages special projects as directed by superiors.
- Prepares reports and collects statistics to support budget requests.
- Assists in preparation of annual operating and capital budget.
- Assists with ordering of supplies based on patient needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Director of Rehabilitation Services
- Current Licensure in good standing as a Physical Therapist in the State of Illinois(Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Five (5) years clinical experience as a Physical Therapist with at least two (2) years of experience in an acute care facility, preferably in a Level 1 Trauma Center/Teaching Hospital environment and at least one (1) year of experience in an outpatient facility
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience managing PT staff and students
- Experience working in both inpatient, outpatient and/or ambulatory services
- Must possess a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification(Must provide proof at time of interview if already obtained)
- Intermediate proficient using Microsoft Office
- Must be able to travel to work sites through the Cook County Health
- Prior pediatric experience
- Board-Certified Clinical Specialist
- Bilingual Proficiency in a Second Language
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of educational and research administration
- Knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills for managing inter-professional communication required in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex organizational culture and reporting structure, including cross-functional coordination with the correctional system
- Cultural and linguistic competence to work with a diverse patient population
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteranmust:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of theirDD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of avalid State ID Card or Driver’s Licensewhich identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify forthe Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link:http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
*Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States’ territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER