- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Palm Coast, FL.
- Full Time, Days
- Performs an evaluation, assessing ability to function safely using a method which objectively measures muscle strength, ability to safely function in the home related to walking on flat, uneven surfaces and stairs, balance, transfers, use of assistive devices, pain management, mental and cognitive factors, and safety issues for fall prevention. The measurement results are documented in the clinical record and updated with each visit.
- Periodically reassess the patient every 30 days: provide the ordered therapy service, functionally reassess the patient and compare the resultant measurement to prior assessment measurements. Document the measurements in the clinical record along with the therapist’s determination of the effectiveness or therapy or lack thereof.
- Observes and records activities and findings in the clinical record and reports to the physician the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition, or when there are deviations from the plan of care.
- Instructs other health team personnel including, when appropriate, home health aides and caregivers in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with the patient.
- Selects, applies or modifies skilled intervention to the patient using various physical therapy procedures and techniques to achieve the best outcome possible for the patient. (Ex: therapeutic exercises/activities, neuromuscular re-education, gait training, wheelchair management, other modalities such as ultrasound, TENS application, electrical stimulation, hot/cold packs, etc.) Assesses patient response to interventions and performs reassessments as required.
- Documents in medical record, accurately reflecting treatment provided. Updates the care plan as needed including the aide care plan; writes modified orders for changes in the plan of care, performs and documents the aide supervision by the due date.
- Completes all documentation within the time frame required by the agency, including reassessments, discharge summaries and OASIS documents.
- Participates in clinical record review, agency staff meetings, therapy meetings and other activities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy
- Current state of Florida Physical Therapy license
- Current Florida driver’s license
- Basic Life Support certification
Functions as part of the interdisciplinary team providing rehabilitative services for qualified homecare patients. The therapist assists the physician in evaluating level of function, helps develop the plan of care (revisiting it as necessary), implements the plan of care, prepares clinical and progress notes; advises and consults with the family and other agency personnel and participates in inservice programs.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.