Physical Therapist Outpatient Full Time
AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach Medical Plaza
Location Address: 125 Florida Memorial Parkway, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna
Great Health Insurance Coverage
Competitive Hourly Rate
Career growth and advancement potential
Full time hours M-F 8-5
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs an evaluation and makes independent clinical judgments based on the data gathered from the examination.
- Determines a physical therapy diagnosis that identifies the impact on function at the level of the movement system and at the level of the whole person
- Reviews medical record including radiology and lab results, to determine medical status and appropriate course of treatment intervention,
- Selects, applies or modifies skilled intervention to the patient in accordance with state practice act, Insurance guidelines/requirements and accreditation agency requirements
- Assesses patient response to interventions and determine if interventions need to be changed or care discontinued.
- Documents in accordance with insurance guidelines/requirements and acceptable practice act standards and posts charges accordingly..
- Selects appropriate charge for treatment intervention based on CPT code definition.
- Posts charges accurately via computer to reflect each treatment provided.
- Communicates relevant patient information.
- Communicates patient’s rehabilitation status with other health care professionals to facilitate trans disciplinary continuity of care and appropriate discharge planning.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy
- Current Florida Physical Therapy license required.
- American Heart Association BLS
- Computer skills required
- Experience with vestibular, neuro, hand therapy a plus.
Provides physical therapy evaluations and treatments to appropriate patients to facilitate their return to prior level of functions as prescribed by physician. Includes the identification, prevention, remediation, and rehabilitation of patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, diseases or other causes. Adheres to Florida Hospital-East Region performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties under regulatory standards and in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.