Symbria is seeking a PRN Physical Therapist (PT) to join our Rehabilitation Team at Concordia Village, a Continuing Care Retirement Community, in Springfield, IL.
As one of the few 100% employee-owned companies in healthcare, our business practices are guided strictly by the values to which our employee owners are committed to. For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings.
- Review and evaluate physician’s referral and patient’s medical record to determine Physical Therapy program required.
- Evaluate each patient’s current level of functioning using approved evaluation techniques, tests and observations, and prepare written treatment programs based on evaluations.
- Administer a prescribed Physical Therapy program to restore and maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range of therapeutic modalities.
- Coordinate physical therapy services with Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology and the Nursing department.
- Maintain appropriate documentation in the patient chart, and re-evaluate patient progress and revise treatment programs when necessary.
- Communicate Physical Therapy philosophy and treatment approaches and goals to patients, their families and other members of the rehabilitation team.
- Supervise Symbria Rehab Physical Therapy Assistants, monitor productivity and staffing needs within the community.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance client care.
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion, you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client community, provided the other community is within a reasonable traveling distance.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapy and a valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Outpatient rehabilitation required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service.
Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.