Join the nation’s premiere Home Health and Hospice group! Guardian Angel Home Health is one of the fastest growing Home Health agencies in the country. With over 22 locations nationwide many of our branches carry impressive star ratings and are recognized as one of the lead providers in Home Health, Hospice, DME and Out Patient Rehab.
When you join our team you will have the advantage of industry leading compensation and benefit packages to choose from. A team environment with lead management support. State of the art equipment and charting system in HomeCare HomeBase (HCHB), and the chance to advance with one of the leading providers of Homecare in the country.
The Physical Therapist organizes and conducts a medically prescribed therapy program for patients involving exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity. Applies diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint, and functional ability tests. Directs and aids the patient in active and passive exercises. Evaluates, records,
and reports patient progress.
Job Expectations and Procedural Responsibilities:
- Does initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the client’s needs,
including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS)
assessments at appropriate time points
- Develops and revising the plan of care in consultation with the physician
and other care team members
- Provides therapeutic treatments and evaluation of equipment needs as
- Advises and consults with the family and other agency personnel as
- Prepares clinical and progress notes
- Evaluates outcomes of care
- Participates in in-service programs, mandatory agency staff meetings, case
conferences, educational offerings, and Agency training programs.
- Supervises Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aide as appropriate
- Plans of discharge
- Contacts Supervisor/Case Manager/Physician when additional modalities and/or
services are required.
- Participates in established Agency committees as requested by Agency.
- Utilizes the Supervisor as the first resource when problems or questions occur in the
field, including charting guidelines, coordination of disciplines, and supervision of home
health aide services.
- Participates in quarterly utilization review and chart audits for OBQI/OBQM as
requested by Agency.
- Maintains Agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates
ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrates infection control per OSHA guidelines and Agency policies.
- Ensures compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation and any other
- Maintains a professional appearance, treats others with care and respect, and
demonstrates excellent customer service.
- Possesses and maintains a current CPR certificate and Tuberculin testing. Remains
current for all other Agency mandatories.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Graduate of a Physical Therapy curriculum accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and/or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the AMA. Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of employment. Minimum of one year recent appropriate clinical experience required. Home health care experience preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Demonstrates good clinical skills in the treatment of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems. Possesses good oral and written skills. Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.