SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Advanced Surgical Hospital is a 14-bed acute care specialty orthopaedic hospital with inpatient & outpatient therapy services.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Seeking a steady per diem Physical Therapist mainly for our inpatient orthopedic unit but may also be used in our outpatient clinic as needed.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients needing PT; services which are deemed medically necessary by a physician.
- Thoroughly complete all necessary documentation (daily notes, charge tickets, communications to physicians, etc…) in a timely fashion that are easily read and understood in order to meet insurance and other guidelines.
- Attend / actively participate in any facility meetings deemed necessary by the Director of Rehabilitation Services.
- Will maintain and open line of communication with other staff, referring physicians, patients and their caregivers.
- The PT must positively demonstrate good working knowledge of orthopedic, neuromuscular, industrial and cumulative trauma disorders
- The PT must have knowledge and experience with modalities such as Interferential current (IFC), Ultrasound, TENS, NMES, BTE, Hot / Cold packs, and other forms of superficial and thermal modalities.
- The PT will utilize their time efficiently / effectively to ensure that they meet the productivity requirements set by administration.
- The PT may be asked to present an in-service to a community organization, physician’s office, school(s), community event, etc…
- The PT will demonstrate the ability to administer therapeutic exercise, PRE’s, etc… in accordance to the physician’s plan of care
- The PT will communicate clinical findings following an evaluation and verbalize those findings to the Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
- Maintain channels of communication, in a respectful manner, with other rehab staff, physicians, patients, caregivers/family members, among others at all times
- Other roles to be determined by the Director of Rehabilitation Services.
- Demonstrate good / effective clinical problem solving skills for the betterment of patient care.
- Prioritize clinical issues and execute sound judgment utilizing good treatment techniques.
- The PT will need to work as a teammate within the given structure.
- The PT must be able to read and write the English language.
- The PT will demonstrate strong leadership skills to direct assistants, rehab techs in delivering quality care (as directed by state licensure board).
- The PT will demonstrate strong verbal & written communication skills so as to deliver accurate directions to patients, caregivers, and other staff.
- Maintain a general awareness in the changes in healthcare as they pertain to the rehabilitation industry.
- Computer skills- The PT must demonstrate moderate computer skills.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy school as sanctioned by the APTA
- Membership in professional organizations is optional
- Current CPR certification
LICENSURE: Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years of experience is preferred, however, new graduates possessing a license to practice in the state of PA are able to work at ASH as well.
Please send resumes to John.Evans@scasurgery.com
2019 - 5763