Physical Therapy Aide (LJ)
As a physical therapy aide, you will be communicating and working with a team of clinical professionals that provide quality, compassionate care. While working with physical therapists, you will help patients through their therapy treatments and maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
1. Assists Physical Therapists in their treatment of patients.
· Prepares patients for treatment, as directed.
· Transports patients to and from department.
· Assists patients in dressing and undressing.
· Assembles and places equipment and supplies for use.
· Places patients in position for treatment and assists in transfers.
· Assists Physical Therapists in giving paraffin treatments, applying hot packs,
assists patients in and out of whirlpool and hubbard tank, and guards patients in ambulation.
· Assists patients to bathroom.
2. Assists professional staff in ordering supplies. Orders linens and maintains linen closet in a neat and orderly fashion.
3. Maintains equipment and working area in clean and orderly condition.
4. Performs a variety of duties essential to the function of the department such as taking messages, performing messenger duties, attending in-service training, etc.
5. Transports equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds, as necessary.
6. Assists Occupational Therapy workshop.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Prior patient care experience, required.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Computer skills.
Finance Job Family: SVC_AS
Job: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Primary Location: Nassau County-Manhasset-1554 Northern Blvd
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 7:00 AM-9:00 PM
Job Level: Team Member