- Provides therapy care to inpatients and outpatients within the scope of documented on the job training and with onsite supervision of a licensed therapist or therapist assistant. Essential therapeutic care includes, but is not limited to moist heat, cryotherapy, massage, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, whirlpool, intermittent cervical/pelvic traction and therapeutic exercise.
- Performs daily clerical and office duties inclusive of, but not limited to outpatient scheduling, Xeroxing, filing charts and records and placing completed notes in patient charts.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Uses computerized time clock correctly.
- Attends staff meetings and actively participates, reads and returns all staff meeting minutes.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQl) activities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the procedures for reporting and responding to facility emergencies such as fire, and disruption in utilities and hazardous materials spills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment capabilities, limitations, and appropriate/special applications.
- Demonstrates the ability to access and use computer systems.
- Communicates with physicians, administrative staff, co-workers, and patients/families in a respectful and caring manner.
- Demonstrates a positive professional image; performs responsibilities in a professional manner; demonstrates flexibility in the provision of patient care/service; utilizes a collaborative approach with co-workers.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the work setting with changing assignments, varying staffing levels and patient care environments, and completes work on time.
- Consistently demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Assists department management in the resolution and evaluation of problem situations.
- Assumes other duties as required.
- High School or equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- One or more years of experience working under the supervision of a Licensed Therapist.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a union environment.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Current Los Angeles County Fire Card required (within 30 days of employment).
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments. All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our patients, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; utilizing all designated protective personal equipment (PPE) and/or safety equipment assigned for task; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately. Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.