Physical Therapy Assistant
Pinnacle Senior Care, a CHAP accredited leader in skilled home health is leading the way into the future with its dynamic chronic care home health model. Pinnacle Senior Care is a partner of US Medical Management and owned by a Fortune 250 company. Pinnacle presents the unique opportunity to be part of a medically-centered home care provider within a continuum of care that includes Home Care, Hospice, Visiting Physicians Association, and Laboratory/Diagnostic services.
We are seeking applicants that desire the experience of changing healthcare through compassionate delivery of care. We provide opportunity for growth and advancement, with over 20 branch locations in 8 states.
- Partnership with Visiting Physicians Association allows staff easy access to doctors to optimize quality patient care.
- #1 operating point of care system/ Home Care Home Base.
- Ready access to professional resources such as wound care and rehabilitation specialists.
- Weekly team conferences to optimize patient care through open discussion with the interdisciplinary team.
- Flexible scheduling with very limited on-call and weekend hours.
- A Competitive salary package which includes a 401k match.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Fast advancement opportunities in a rapidly expanding innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- A unique opportunity to provide care with specialty programs that focus on disease pathology, Health Literacy, and treating the whole patient.
- Agency is a Member of the National Association for Home Care.
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Supervisor/Clinical Manager, the Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) provides physical therapy services; communicates the patient’s progress with other disciplines and directs, supervises and instructs non-professional home health aide staff in the provision of personal care to the patient.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Provides physical therapy services including procedures, teaching and training activities as outlined in the patient Plan of Care under the direction of a physical therapy
- Provides physical therapy visits according to visit schedule and notifies agency of need to alter schedule in any way
- Reports significant findings to patient’s physician, physical therapist, and Clinical Supervisor as they occur
- Submits completed physical therapy visit notes; communication notes per agency policy on designated days as requested by Clinical Supervisor
- Submits change orders per agency policy
- Maintains open lines of communications to all members of the continuum of care team
- Attends staff meetings, team conferences and educational in-services per agency requirements
- Participates in Process Improvement (PI) program by assisting with collection of data and serves on PI team upon request
- Participates in discharge planning process per Medicare Criteria and agency policy and procedure
- Follows agency policies and procedures
- Performs these and all other duties as assigned by the Administrator
- Able to lift 40 pounds from floor to shoulder
- Repetitive walking, standing, sitting, bending, and use of hands
- Able to drive a car 2-4 hours per day
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A current unencumbered State professional license
- An automobile to be used for work, current driver’s license, good driving record and proof of insurance
- The ability to make sound professional clinical judgment
- The ability to assess and document patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs
- Proficiency in clinical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in personal computer use including e-mail, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software
preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- One year experience as a physical therapy assistant