Provides therapeutic treatments to patients, neonatal to geriatric, according to departmental standards and only under the direction of a Physical Therapist. Utilizes only methods and procedures within the scope of the practice of limited physical therapy, and documents same according to departmental standards.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conducts physical therapy treatments according to established departmental policies and procedures.
- Documents physical therapy treatments according to departmental standards.
- Documents patient and/or family education, interdisciplinary collaboration, and patient's response to treatment.
- Immediately discontinues any treatment procedure which appears to be harmful to the patient and notifies the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Actively participates in departmental in-service activities. Attends continuing education seminars and takes the responsibility to conduct seminar related in-services in a timely manner.
- Consults with and serves as a resource for physicians, nursing staff, and other clinicians to increase knowledge of physical therapy and to identify the need for physical therapy services for patients of all ages.
- Instructs patients and families in physical therapy regimes to promote compliance in meeting therapeutic objectives.
- Provides in-service training to other disciplines as directed.
- Participates in departmental quality assurance activities as directed.
- Inspects, sterilizes, assembles, and maintains physical therapy equipment.
- Physical Therapy Assistant Associates Degree
- Prior acute care experience preferred, however, new graduates will be considered, dependent on current departmental staffing.
Current license to practice Limited Physical Therapy by the Board of Physical Therapy Examiners of Maryland.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
Location: Annapolis, Bowie, Crofton, Odenton, Pasadena
Activation Date: Friday, May 25, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2020