Join one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
We're looking for a Full-Time Psychiatrist Greater LA Area
PIH Health is a nonprofit health and wellness network serving Los Angeles andOrange Counties. Our integrated system consists of 747 beds at two acute carehospitals and amulti-specialtymedical group, Family Medicine and DO residency programs, hospice, home health and a wide range of other services.
About the Opportunity:
The Psychiatrist will be responsible for providing psychiatric/medical evaluation, diagnosis and medication management services, ensuring compliance with program standards, contracts, policies, procedures and guidelines. The Psychiatrist will lead the support of behavioral health care provided by physicians and staff throughout the integrated system.
Here is a link to meet PIH Health Physician: Jamie E. Garcia, MD. Dr. Garcia practices Psychiatry at PIH Health. He talks about his career choice and his connection to patients and PIH Health.
To be successful in this position, you’ll need to have the following:
- Board Certification from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and an active California MD/DO License
- Prior experience in community mental health preferred
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School and Psychiatry Residency program
- Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, DMH policies and documentation guidelines, and other state, federal regulations relating to quality assurance and improvement
- Demonstrate medical/clinical leadership skills, a complete working knowledge of psychopharmacology and experience in mental health service delivery to a broad-based individual and multi-cultural patient population
- Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder
- Bilingual skills in Spanish a plus
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
Find out why Physicians commit to work for PIH Health:
PIH Health Physician Recruitment
Contact us for more information at 562-698-0811 Ext. 81030
Submit CVs toErica.Taylor2@pihhealth.org