Physician Assistant opportunity in Critical Care & Respiratory Care Department. Ideal candidate will be an Advanced Practice Provider with at least three years of patient care or healthcare experience. Prefer candidates with inpatient care/critical care experience.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Patient Care: Critical Care & Respiratory Care APPs in the Intensive Care Unit are responsible for:
1. Conducting comprehensive patient history and physicals;
2. Developing a treatment plan;
3. Evaluating patient outcomes in coordination with attending physicians;
4. Collaborating with attending physicians;
5. Facilitating family conferences in collaboration with multidisciplinary team;
6. Dictating and/or document patient care notes within 24 hours;
7. Submitting appropriate charges within 24 hours.
2. Procedures: Critical Care & Respiratory Care APPs in the Intensive Care Unit are responsible for:
- Actively participating in Class III procedure and core privileges;
- Completing procedure notes within 24 hours;
- Submitting appropriate charges within 24 hours;
- Keeping a weekly log of all procedures performed and/or use electronic health record.
3. Others duties assigned: Critical Care & Respiratory Care APPs in the Intensive Care Unit are responsible for:
- Assisting attendings with completing M&M slips;
- Presenting patients at M&M Conference;
- Collaborating with triage attendings during triage process;
- Turning in the completed slips to the department's Quality & Safety Officer each week.
Required: Graduate of a Physician Assistant training program approved by the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
Preferred: A minimum of three years patient care or healthcare experience as an Advanced Practice Provider.
Required: PA certification by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants. Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners.
MAY BE REQUIRED: Eligible to be granted limited prescriptive authority by the State of Texas.
This position requires working in Patient Care Unit (e.g. Nursing unit; outpatient clinic). Refer to the Position Description for specific ADA requirements.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 127461
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Day/Evening, Weekends
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 93,600
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 117,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 140,400