Under supervision of a physician, to secure clinical data from patients; provides specified medical services to patients; manages certain patients in the Emergency Department; to be responsible for ongoing management of selected groups of patients; and to do related work as may be required by the supervising physician within the scope of his/her licensure. Incumbents in this classification have advanced training which allows them to provide primary care on both an episodic and short-term basis to defined patient populations under the supervision of a licensed physician.
- Dependent upon area of practice or department assignments, demonstrates clinical knowledge and skill in the care of the newborn, infant, toddler, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient ranging up to 100+ years of age.
- Performs other related services under the supervision of a licensed physician, as permitted by standardized protocols and within the scope of their licensure.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Graduate degree from an accredited PA program required.
• Min 3 year of Full-Time experience in an Urgent Care or Emergency Medicine setting required
• Experience treating both pediatric and adult patient populations (all ages).
• Comfortable with minor procedures (sutures, casts, splints, etc.), reading EKGs, X-rays, and interpreting lab results.
Completion of a Physician's Assistant training program approved by the California Board of Medical Quality Assurance AND possession of a current valid certificate issued by the California Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
• BLS card for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
• ACLS card for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
• PALS card for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
• AB508 (within 30 days of hire)
• NIHSS (within 30 days of hire)
• NRP (within 6 months of hire)
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$46398.htmld