The Physician Assistant promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician. Performs various medical procedures under the scope of practice. Position requires after hours, weekends and holidays.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, CT-Scans, audiogrrams, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains awareness of patient financial responsibility and alerts healthcare team.
- High Level of Professionalism and Bedside Manner.
- Clinical Skills.
- Medical Teamwork Skills.
- Excellent written and Verbal Communication Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, voice dictation, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, squat and stoop.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time / Part TIme
Minimal travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience
- 2-years in Master's Physician Assistant Program.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Licensure in the State of South Carolina.
- 1 Year of Emergency Medicine Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
EmergencyMD complies with federal laws relating to the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, prohibits four types of unlawful conduct: unfair documentary practices during the Form I-9 and E-Verify process; citizenship or immigration status discrimination; national origin discrimination; retaliation or intimidation.
EmergencyMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. EmergencyMD is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at EmergencyMD are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EmergencyMD will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. EmergencyMD encourages applicants of all ages.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.0