Physician Assistant for Hospitalist Program PA accountable for practice and work in collaboration with a Hospitalist physician.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- rounding on inpatients
- meeting with patients and families
- facilitating discharges and transfers.
- The Physician Assistant will be assigned to work in the inpatient Hospitalist service. At the discretion of the Director, Hospitalist Program, based on demonstrated competency, the Physician Assistant may be assigned admitting duties.
- Must be capable to move efficiently throughout the hospital without physical or emotional limitations.
- Must have the ability to work prolonged hours on a rotational basis.
- Must be capable of dealing with crisis situations and demanding work conditions.
- Must be able to develop and maintain collegial relationships with members of the hospitalist staff, referring, and consulting physicians.
- Must be organized and demonstrate excellent oral and written skills in the English language and be capable of establishing and maintaining a professional rapport with diverse staff and ancillary personnel.
- Must maintain current certification in basic cardiac life support, advanced cardiac life support.
Competitive Salary and benefits.
We have won numerous awards including a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, a national hospital safety score “A” rating by The Leapfrog Group, a Top Hospital from US News & World Report, and a naming to the Harvard Pilgrim Hospital and Physician Group Honor Rolls. As well as Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America!