The Physician Assistant is assigned to Surgical Services and a specific clinical service line for the purpose of providing patient care under the supervision of the attending physician(s) in accordance with the rules, regulations, bylaws of the Medical Staff Office with the following responsibilities, including but not limited to: Assisting in surgery. Independently delivering clinical service to patients within the services line within the limits of their privileges. Complies with MRMC standards, policies and procedures. Contributes to customer satisfaction. Participates in quality assurance and improvement. Supports and participates in team approach to the delivery of patient care within the department, service line and Medical Center. Fiscally responsible for the level of care prescribed/delivered and the appropriate utilization of resources. Demonstrates the successful judgment and ability to serve appropriate unique needs of various patient populations and age groups.
- Graduate of an accredited educational program for Physician Assistant program.
- Licensure for Physician Assistant to practice within the State of Michigan.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, and authorized to practice as a Physician Assistant.
- Completion of medical staff credentialing and privileging process through MRMC.
- Possesses functional capacity, motor and manual skills, speech, language, hearing and perceptual skills as needed to complete job obligations.