Physician Assistant- Neurosurgery (Physician Assistant)
-Performs a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and outcome evaluation. Participates in performance improvement, research and educational activities.
1. Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
2. Initiates, documents and communicates the plan of care and follows-up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients.
3. Performs daily patient rounds.
4. Writes orders for medications, laboratory work and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
5. Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
6. Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions and any referrals on patient charts. Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
7. Performs related duties, as required.
• Bachelor's Degree, required.
• Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA) program, required.
• Licensed Physician Assistant (LPA) by the New York State Department of Education, required.
• Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
• Current BLS and ACLS certification, required.
Finance Job Family: CLP_AP
Job: Physician Assistant
Primary Location: Suffolk County-Bay Shore-Southside Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 6:30 AM-7:00 PM
Job Level: Team Member