Vanguard Medical Group has an exciting new full-time opportunity for a Physician Assistant in our North Haledon office.
Vanguard Medical Group is an independent primary care group practice with 10 offices in Northern and Central New Jersey. We are committed to providing evidence-based healthcare that achieves the quality outcomes that improve the health and safety of our patients and the populations we manage. We also strive to take care of our people, and that's not just patients. We want to ensure that our clinical and administrative staff have a good work-life balance, are engaged at VMG, and experience joy at work.
Position Overview: Vanguard Physician Assistant's promote and maintain health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.