In this setting, the incumbent is expected to resolve the immediate health problem or to refer the patient to a physician where appropriate, after initiation of needed therapeutic modalities and diagnosis tests and eliciting pertinent physical findings. Provides routine and emergency ambulatory and preventive care services during regularly scheduled hours in cooperation with other medical practitioners.
· Provides routine and emergency ambulatory and preventive care services during regularly scheduled hours in cooperation with other medical practitioners. These include: Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of routine illnesses (in adults and pediatric patients); management of chronic health problems; primary care for trauma cases, screening of patients; provides family planning and counseling services;
· Provides routine physical examinations for work and school.
· Maintains accurate, current medical records using the Patient Care Information System or RPMS for all patients seen.
- Participates in Health Center quality assurance activities.
- Holds a current Physician's Assistant or Nurse Practitioner licensure.
- Knowledge and ability to perform effectively the above duties. Knowledge of child and adolescent growth and development plus psychologic and emotional needs of adults.
· Full Time
· Job Share / Part time options
Come join a compassionate and adventurous team in a wonderful professional work environment. You will get to live above the Arctic Circle, discover Inupiat culture and experience life on the tundra with intriguing people who are balancing the preservation of their traditional language and customs while implementing the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality service.
• Relocation for the employee and family
• Subsidized housing
• Large PTO earnings & cash out options
• Free health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance for the employee
• And more! Please contact Jeanne.firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Job Location- https://www.nwabor.org/village/kotzebue/
Kotzebue is located 549 air miles northwest of Anchorage and is 33 miles above the Arctic Circle. There are no highway systems that connect the region with the rest of the state, however Kotzebue’s Ralph Wein Memorial Airport supports daily jet service to Anchorage and Nome as well as smaller prop-driven aircraft to 11 surrounding villages.