Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group consists of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. This physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
Vascular Advanced Practitioners work in an outpatient ambulatory setting providing state-of-the-art diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of vascular diseases of the circulatory system, which includes arteries, veins and lymphatics. Responsibilities include seeing new referral patients with peripheral vascular disease, aneurysms, claudication, and atherosclerosis in the outpatient setting and complete a thorough history and physical examination that is problem-oriented for Vascular conditions. Present patient to the attending Vascular Surgeon(s) and help formulate a treatment plan, order appropriate radiographic studies and perform office procedures such as dressings, wound care including biologic dressings and others as directed by the Vascular Surgeon. Evaluate postoperative patients and routine follow-up visits. Review and triage Vascular Consults. Return phone calls from patients and family members, handle prescription refills, review radiographic reports and laboratory reports for abnormalities. Review x-rays, MRIs, CT scans of hospitalized patients and office patients with the attending Vascular Surgeon. This position requires travel to multiple sites within the same region.
Shift: Monday through Friday 1st shift (4 - 10 hour shifts). No call required.
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Supportive team environment with thorough on-boarding
- Great work / life balance without call.
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- Well run, efficient clinical and administrative business operations in a growing and financially secure organization.
Hartford HealthCare is hosting an Advanced Practice Leadership Series this September. Our Provider Leadership Development team is hosting this CME accredited event, with guest speaker Gerry Lupachino, the Vice President of Experience, Engagement & Organizational Development. Space is limited, reserve your spot today.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC.
- Vascular surgery experience preferred
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.