BMC is seeking a full time NP or PA to join its well-established group of three gastroenterologists and one NP. The new NP/PA will join a collegial team of providers caring for a growing population in beautiful Bend, Oregon, a catchment area of 250,000. As part of our team, new provider will work in the clinic and at one local hospital, seeing mostly returns and some consults. There is no evening or weekend call. We seek a long term fit who is passionate about quality, teamwork, trust and accountability.
Direct patient care in the clinic and inpatient setting. Prescribes and administers prescription drugs and assists in clinic management duties. CPT/ICD-10 Coding, documentation, and billing on each patient, as well as patient education and compliance with HIPAA at all times. GI experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions (greater than or equal to 10% of time):
95 % - Direct patient care in the clinic and inpatient setting, and all essential functions that go along with this including, but not limited to:
- Clinic visits
- Rounding in hospital
- Triage and case management of patients
- Telephone follow-up care for patients
- Review and acts on lab/histological data of clinic patients
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests for patients. Prescribes and administers prescription drugs and assists in clinic management duties
- Systematically evaluates current clinical practice. Initiates change in clinical practice based on current concepts and findings from research and/or studies if applicable; demonstrates such expertise in patient care that advice is sought by others.
Secondary Function (Less than 10% of time):
5% - Stay abreast of required CME credits as required and set forth by an accredited program.