Physician Assistant OR Nurse Practitioner (Labor & Delivery) - LIJMC - Part Time, Day ShiftJob Number:0038BJ
Description-Performs a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and outcome evaluation. Participates in performance improvement, research and educational activities.
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
- Initiates, documents and communicates the plan of care and follows-up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients.
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions and any referrals on patient charts. Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA) program, required.
- Licensed Physician Assistant by the New York State Department of Education, required.
- Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification, required.
Finance Job Family:CLP_AP
Primary Location:Nassau County-New Hyde Park-Long Island Jewish Medical Ctr
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time:6:00 AM-7:00 PM
Job Level:Team Member